I finally got to work on them and it's way more work than I anticipated on. First they sat in the garage like this:
Then they looked like this with primer on:
I have now put the first coat of paint on and sanded them again, hopefully for the last time. Here is a sample of what is to come:
Mind you, the above still only has primer on it. I can't wait until they're finished.
Here's a side by side of the progress:
I was going to paint them black until I saw this inspirational pic:
As soon as I saw this pic, I new I was going white with orange fabric. I found my fabric on line at Spoonflower.
Here's a close up of the fabric:
Hopefully I'm finished first week of September once the kids go back to school!