Navigation Bar

Wednesday 7 March 2012

How I named my blog

Do you ever wonder how people come up with a name for their blog?  I always do.  Today I want to tell you how I came up with the name of my blog.  Last July, I lost my brother, David to colon cancer.  He was like a best friend to me.

Here is my brother and I in the early 1990's on a trip in Florida

Anyways, when I was a kid, a friend of mine taught me a prayer.  I'm sure many people know it in many different versions.  It goes something like: And If I die before I awake, That's one last test I'll have to take. 
So, while I was contemplating about starting a blog, I was doing a lot of thinking one night about my brother, all the work I had to do on the new house we had just purchased and thinking about that prayer.  I think my thoughts started to get mixed up about praying for my brother and praying that all of the work in the house would get down.  So I said to myself, "and if I die before I awake, that's one last room I'll have to decorate." 
(Instead of One last test I'll have to take, get it, the take and decorate rhyme, lol) 

I then thought, hmmm, that might work for a blog name.  But, the die before I awake part seemed too depressing.  So I dropped the first line and left it with the second line.  


RIP my brother


So that's how my blog name came about.  Where did your blog name come from?


No comments:

Post a Comment